This article provides instructions on how to allow members on your Ultimate Member site to add and view Events.
Installing & activating
The Ultimate Member Events Calendar extension requires The Events Calendar to function. First download and install The Events Calendar using the instructions on their site.
To add the Ultimate Member Events Calendar extension to your site, follow these instructions:
- Purchase and download plugin from here.
- Install the plugin by uploading it to your site by going to plugins > add new > upload plugin.
- On the upload plugin page click on the “choose file” button and select the pp-events.zip file from your computer.
- Once the file pp-events.zip appears on the screen click the “install now” button to install the plugin.
- Wait until “Plugin installed successfully” message appears.
- Activate your licence key by going to Settings > UM Events (at the bottom of the screen) and enter your license key in the provided area.
After the plugin has been activated it can be further customised on the settings page under Settings > UM Events
The following settings can be set.
Profile Tab Settings
Nothing found text
Enter the text that should be displayed when a user has not created any events.
Roles that have events tab
Select the user roles that should have the Events tab. If you want everyone to have the Events tab leave this field blank.
Roles that can view events
Select the user roles who can view Events on other members’ profile. If you want everyone to be able to see everyone’s events leave this field blank. Note that these settings only apply to what is seen in the user profile and do not control the settings of The Events Calendar.
Tick this box if members should only be able to see their own events.
Event Creation Options
Roles that can create events
Select the user roles that should be able to create Events. If you want everyone to be able to create Events leave this field blank.
Default new event status
Options available: Draft, Pending Review and Published. Select published if other’s should immediately be able to see the event. Otherwise use Draft or Pending Review if admins first need to approve the event.
Allow venue selection – new since 1.2
Tick the box to allow members to select a venue for the Event. Note that admins need to create the Venues under The Events Calendar settings. Events > Venues.
Event submission text
Enter the text that should appear after an event has been submitted.
Need support!! Please create a ticket here