This article provides instructions on how to install and configure Ultimate Member Tabs Pro. The Pro version allows you to add any UM Form to a custom tab, which can be edited on the tab itself.
Installing & activating
To add the Ultimate Member Tab Pro extension to your site, follow these instructions:
- Install Ultimate Member Profile Tabs from the WordPress.org repository, available here.
- Purchase and download this plugin from here.
- Install the plugin by uploading it to your site by going to plugins > add new > upload plugin.
- On the upload plugin page click on the “choose file” button and select the pp-tabs-pro.zip file from your computer.
- Once the file pp-tabs-pro.zip appears on the screen click the “install now” button to install the plugin.
- Wait until “Plugin installed successfully” message appears.
- Activate your licence key by going to Ultimate Member > Settings > Licenses and enter your license key next to Tabs Pro License Key.
Adding a custom form
- First, you need to create a form using the Ultimate Member form builder. Go to Ultimate Member > Forms. You can add any fields just as you would with building the ‘main’ profile form.
- Next, you need to select the ‘Profile Tab’ template under the Template setting. See image on the right, under Customize this form. You may first need toggle the “Use global settings” toggle to No.
- You can play with the other settings as needed. Please note that since only the form will be output any settings related to the profile or cover photo will be ignored.
- Publish or Update the form.
- Copy the shortcode
- Paste the Shortcode in a new or existing profile tab and click update.
- That’s it!
Scroll down for instructions on adding a custom profile tab.
Adding a custom profile tab
Please note that this functionality is provided by the free plugin Ultimate Member Profile Tabs, the pro plugin simply allows you to use UM Forms which can be edited in the same tab.
Adding a custom profile tab is just like creating a new post or page.
- Go to Ultimate Member > Profile Tabs
- Click on Add New
- Add any content
- Configure the privacy settings according to your needs. See screenshot below for all the available options.
Need support!! Please create a ticket here